Tamsyn has worked extensively as a teacher teaching release technique classes, workshops and choreographic labs throughout New Zealand, UK, China and Finland since 2003. Known for her technically challenging, fun, high energy classes, she regularly teaches professional, community and youth group classes in Scotland.
Tamsyn teaches a release based class devised to move the body in an organized and efficient way, focusing on clarity of movement and momentum. Working from a traditional class structure from floor phrases to standing, gradually building to integrate skills in full-bodied movement phrases. Tamsyn's classes are energetic and challenging by their emphasis on shifting through the space, swing and dynamics.
Tamsyn has worked for various institutions including,
- Unitec Dance Degree Programme, Auckland, New Zealand
- The Space, Scottish School of Contemporary Dance, Dundee, Scotland
- Verve, the postgraduate performance company of Northern School
- Northern School of Dance, Leed, UK
- Beijing Dance Company LDTX, Beijing, China
- Guandong Dance Festival, Guangzhou, China
- CCDC Dance Programme, Hong Kong
- Unlock Dancing Plaza, Hong Kong.
- Northern Sway Dance Company, Oulu, Finland
- Crossmoves Dance Company, Oulu, Finland.
- Dance Base, Professional and community Classes, Edinburgh
- Edinburgh Fringe Festival Professional Class, Dance Base, Edinburgh
- Scottish Youth Contemporary Dance Comapny, Glasgow
- City Moves Dance Agency, Aberdeen
- Dance House, Glasgow
- Dance House community class, Glasgow.
- Tapac, Auckland, New Zealand
- Fusion Dance Company, Aberdeen.
- Dance Base summer school, Edinburgh.
- Eden Court professional class, Inverness.
- ProjectY, Glasgow.
- POZA, Edinburgh
- PRIME Dance Company, Edinburgh
- Connections weekend (Ydance)